It’s set to be a sunny weekend here in London are here’s how we are planning to spend it! Hope you all have a great one!
1. VISIT London’s Secret Gardens – no more peering through the railings as for this weekend only London is throwing open the gates to their famous secret gardens. This Saturday and Sunday, Open Gardens Square Weekend invites people to enjoy and explore some of the capitals most hidden green spaces, including Number 10 Downing Street! ooh er! Find out more here.
2. Hit the Library for a… um… PARTY – The Library doesn’t seem the most obvious choice for a cool London Party, but The British Library is like no other. Tonight a host of DJ’s live music and performances will take place inside the grounds and with the likes of Hot Chip playing it’s set to be a good one. Buy tickets here.
3. WATCH (or take part in if you wish) something a bit different – It’s a marmite subject but this weekend sees the return of the London World Naked Bike ride (similar bikes rides will be taking place in other countries throughout the year) and on Saturday a huge number of Londoners will dare to bare and cycle from various points around the city completely in the buff. Bonkers right? Find out more here.
4. Learn from top Chefs at a Foodie FESTIVAL – for any foodies out there this is a must. Clapham Common will this weekend become home to the Foodies Festival, a two day event celebrating all things culinary. Live demonstrations, tasting sessions and tutorials will take place throughout but of course you could simply go to EAT.
5. Enjoy one of London’s top Summer EVENTS – Polo in the Park is upon us this weekend and now in it’s 5th year it has become one of the city’s most loved Summer past time. Buy your tickets here.
6. Take in a FILM – we have featured many different film events within these blog posts but this has to be the most bizarre. If you are looking to combine cinema going with a new experience while also visit one of London’s hippest venues then this may be for you. The Hot Tub Cinema Club are hosting film evenings on the roof terrace of The Rockwell Club in Shoreditch where you enjoy various different films from the comfort of a hot tub! Unusual? yes. Still want to try it? Absolutely!