The weather may not be on our side but there are plenty of fun things happening around the city this May weekend to keep us occupied. Here is just some of what Team Task are doing/ seeing and reccomending over the next few days…
1. Staying in for the TV event of the year (debatable) – It’s a marmite topic, but love or hate, there is no avoiding the Eurovision Song Contest this weekend. House parties and getting together with friends to cheer/ mock the artists is the preferred option in the office but there are also various fun Eurovision parties around the city including this one at Bunga Bunga hosted by Katrina and the Waves.
2. DINING OUT with a view – Based on the 32nd Floor, new restaurant Oblix, is now open at The Shard. From the same creative minds as popular haunts Roka and Zuma, this eatery offers a New York’s inspired rotisserie and grill, a wood-fired oven for breads and pizzas and London’s first interactive ‘sommelier station’ for wine buffs.
3. Finally watching the most anticipated FILM of the year, ‘The Great Gatsby’ – after what has felt like the longest wait in history, Baz Luhrmann’s epic is finally here and it’s all anyone can talk about. Check times and screenings here
4. VISITING Museums at Night – If you have friends or family visiting and are looking for an alternative outing, why not tour some of the top London Museums after hours? See a list of the options here.
5. SOCIALISING 1920s style with Harrods – Yes it’s Gatsby fever at the moment but this weekend is your last chance to visit the Gatsby inspired pop up cocktail bar at Harrods. Cocktail demonstrations will take place throughout the day and bespoke cocktails will be available to buy.
6. Joining in the all female RUN ‘We Own the Night’ – this Saturday a few of the Team task are taking on the Nike and Elle 10k running event which sees 7000 women running through the night complete with DJ’s, photobooths and lights. It’s too late to sign up but you can cheer us on, the event starts at 8pm on Saturday at Victoria Park.