Today marks the launch of a new feature here at Task HQ. Each Friday we will be putting together a guide to the weekend which will include suggestions and ideas of everything we are doing, seeing and planning for the two days ahead, cleverly entitled ‘Weekend Tasks’ (see what we did there?).
If you follow us on Twitter you may have seen our updates throughout the day but incase you missed it here is our round up. This weekend we are mostly…
1. Taking in a FILM – With a few trekkies in the office, top of the bill for cinema viewing this weekend is the new ‘Into the Darkness’ movie which hits this weekend. And even if you are not much of a trekkie, it stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Chris Pine (for the girls) and Zoe Saldana (for the boys) so smiles all round. Check out viewing times near you here
2. Visiting a new ART exhibition – Fancy getting cultural, you may be interested in the new exhibition from artist Chris Bracey. He has previously designed the window displays fro Stella McCartney and was the man responsible for Gotham City in Tim Burtons ‘Batman’ so his credentials are looking pretty good. ‘No place like Utopia’ is on until the 1st June, see more details here
3. Dreaming of a new home with the Grand Designs Live EVENT – For this weekend only, the famous Grand Designs team put on their yearly event full of tips and tricks from the experts. A must for any aspiring home owners or interior enthusiasts. See details and book tickets here.
4. Indulging our sweet tooth with a new top EAT – It seems that food is a hot topic in the Task PR office, whether it’s related to dieting plans, that new restaurant we all want to try or craving chocolate croissants on a Friday morning, nothing perks us all up more than discovering a new eatery. This new pop up restaurant in East London offers any sweet tooths their ultimate meal; three courses of desserts! Only open alternating weekends in May, book now for your chance to sample it.
5. Getting ready to PARTY – The popular London Burlesque Festival retruns this weekend and if you love a good night out and shaking your tail feathers then this is for you. With over 100 performances in 10 days, check out what’s in your area and get ready to be amazed! See the line up here.
6. Preparing to SHOP until we drop at Anita’s Vintage Fair – if you love vintage clothing, are partial to a bit of dressing up and are looking for a great day out then this Notting Hill affair might be worth a look. Packed full ofdesigner and vintage clothing from the 1800s to the 1980s and attended by designers, stylists and celebrities alike. Check it out this Sunday.
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend whatever you do, make sure you follow us on Twitter to see next weeks #WeekendTasks suggestions.