Last month Account Executive Cheryl took a night flight to Dubai for a whistle stop tour. Here she shares her tips, highlights and places to visit…
After my best friend announced she was moving to Dubai at the beginning of the year the girls and I immediately started planning our ‘escape the cold’ winter holiday. So at the end of last month we hopped on a night flight, leaving dreary London behind and waking up to 38 degrees in Dubai!
The trip went by way too fast with a mix of beach clubs, a cultural visit to the Grand Mosque, shopping at the Dubai Mall, paddle boarding around the Burj Al Arab, sunbathing on the Palm, a belated birthday dinner at the Burj Khalifa, all topped off with Stylist Arabia magazine launch party and a photo op with Christian Louboutin!
Here’s a list of things to do / see if you ever find yourself in the affluent city;
– Zero Gravity Beach Club for luxury sunbathing and lunch on the beach
– Dinner and drinks at Q43, Media One Hotel
– Barasti Beach Club for sunbathing session, DJ and drinks
– Surf House Dubai for a Stand Up Paddle boarding session around the Burj Al Arab
– Canapes and champagne with a view at the Burj Khalifa
– A road trip to Abu Dhabi
– Pay the Grand Mosque a visit
– Dubai Mall for shopping (and people watching)
– Fairmount Hotel Beach Club (with a bar in the pool!)
– West 14th on the Palm (infinity pool and amazing views)
– Drinks at the Royal Mirage Hotel
– Ladies night dinner and drinks at Maya
– Yacht Club for ladies night, followed by Mahiki
– Bob’s Fish and Chips in Dubai Marina
Unfortunately we only had 6 days to cram everything in and with lots still left to do (i.e visit the desert) we are currently planning our trip for next year!
Cheryl @ Team Task